Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receiving, handling, and converting Meetings, Events, and Group inquiries.
- Planning events in conjunction with the client.
- Presenting and Selling available and suitable banquet/event options to the highest possible standard.
- Contact Meeting Planner by mail, telephone, customer outings, and site inspections.
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
- Negotiate space, dates, and rates to obtain booking goals while focusing on shoulder and off-season business.
- Assist in development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans and aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
- Attend trade and travel shows of various market areas for promoting hotels event business.
- Actively manage business bookings, record denials, make network referrals.
- Make commercial decisions to maximize MICE income on a daily basis.
- Continue professional development through the educational offerings made via industry trade groups and educational institutions.
- Encouraging repeat business through excellent customer service and inquiry handling.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
- Ensure online meeting partner websites are regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions, and promotions.
- Each month review the next 6 months' availability to highlight high or low demand dates and take steps to minimize the risk of any shortfall or overbooking.
- Bring indirect guests through online marketing and advertising.
- Helping the hotel to identify new avenues of business and bring in more banquet events to the hotel.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of sales, department, and budgetary reports as and when required.
- Other duties and tasks assigned by the management within the job scope.
- Proficient in English.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Sales and Marketing.
- Previous experience in a similar job role or minimum of 2 years experience as Banquet Sales Manager.
- Proficient in using CRM, MS office software applications including MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Teamwork Oriented
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
- Education: B.A in Hotel Management, B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Management
Salary: 25-30k Plus Incentive